Medical

Have medical questions? Ask a doctor online!

Ask a Doctor,

Stomach is still hurting. Took myrolax and had some watery…

Customer Question
Stomach is still hurting. Took...
Stomach is still hurting. Took myrolax and had some watery stool. Diahhrea mostly. Took mylanta and zantac to get some relief. Not much. So tired of this. I hope it's not serious
Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Medical
9/26/2017
Doctor: Dr. K., MD replied 7 months ago
Dr. K.
Dr. K., MD
Hello and welcome to Just Answer. I looking forward to assisting you with your question and providing excellent service. It sounds like you have already taken multiple medications with no relief. Miralax to the point of causing diarrhea, so the pain is not constipation. And mylanta for gas and Zantac for heartburn with no relief. If you are still having pain, the issue is more serious and you need to see a Dr right away. I would suggest going to the ER or urgent care.
The pain comes and goes. Right now I have relief. It has subsided.
Doctor: Dr. K., MD replied 7 months ago
That would not change my answer above
You're saying go to the ER right now? Here's my story: I have been under a lot of stress and I started having frequent urination. I went to see my pcp and he said it was stress so as soon as he said that the frequent urination went away and then I started having stomach aches. Every other Dr on here said it is due to anxeity and stress and not to worry. You're telling me I'm dying?
The pain comes and goes. It went away yesterday and then went to my head and then to my leg. Its traveling. I have very high anxeity and have had stomach pains in the past
I'm not trying to argue but every other Dr I've talked to said to relax and the pain will go away and it may take some time
Doctor: Dr. K., MD replied 7 months ago
Sorry i dont agree
I'm going to see my pcp today to get some help.
Doctor: Dr. K., MD replied 7 months ago
Great, thats a good plan
I do have relief. Pain went away.
Doctor: Dr. K., MD replied 7 months ago
That's good
Dr gave me probiotic and medicine for the pain. Said it is ibs
Pain has completely gone away
Doctor: Dr. K., MD replied 7 months ago
Well thats good news but ibs. Doesnt cause severe pain. I would suggest going on a low residue diet and not eating dairy products .
Might of been something I ate. I mean it wasn't I was going to keep over pain. He checked my stomach and no abnormalities. No blood in my stool or anything of that nature
I had the same pain last year and they did an indescope and they found the stomach was really red from stress. My mother in law just died from brain cancer and I believe the ordeal stressed me out
Doctor: Dr. K., MD replied 7 months ago
That could also be true. Some over the counter Zantac could be helpful for you and would certainly not hurt.
Took Zantac last night and it helped with Mylanta
Were you thinking it was the appendix?
Doctor: Dr. K., MD replied 7 months ago
No not at all
Lol I'm afraid to ask but I guess I described my pain wrong.
Doctor: Dr. K., MD replied 7 months ago
All you said was that your stomach hurt and that you had watery gas and diarrhea. That is not how appendicitis presents at all
Yeah true. He felt it and didn't make any weird reactions after feeling my stomach. I was diagnosed with gastritis last year and they did imaging on my stomach at the ER when that was diagnosed
Doctor: Dr. K., MD replied 7 months ago
Ok
Dr. K.
Dr. K.
Dr. K., MD