Medical

Have medical questions? Ask a doctor online!

Ask a Doctor,

My fore skin had split after oral sex, also after a walk…

Customer Question
My fore skin had...

My fore skin had split after oral sex, also after a walk foreskin rubbing up against my underwear has caused a abrasion? i have been putting vitamin c on it also benadril antiseptic, seems to have a white like a fungas around the broken skin (has been like this for some weeks looks like it is healing then starts again also trying to keep it dry, yes I am married (42 years) and have not been with any one else

Doctor's Assistant: How long have you been dealing with this? Do you notice any redness or scaling?

No scaling but redness only on fore skin

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?

No i am a type 2 diabetic

Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: Medical
Answered in 1 minute by:
9/26/2017
Doctor: Dr Josh, Doctor replied 10 months ago
Dr Josh
Dr Josh, Doctor

Dear customer

This is Dr. Josh. I am reviewing your question now and will be with you momentarily.

Thank you.

Kind Regards

Dr.Josh

Dear customer

Thank you for being online.

The symptoms you have described of having white like a fungas around the broken skin of foreskin since last few weeks is most likely due to a condition called balanitis.It is the inflammation of the skin covering the head (glans) of the penis.

Its possible causes are:unhygenic conditions and tight foreskin lead to irritation by smegma, friction from rough sex,seborrhoeic dermatitis,contact allergy and other generalised skin conditions.

Skin swabs for bacterial or fungal culture might be taken to confirm infection.Urine & blood test may be required.

Following is recommended for you now:

• Try wearing something different, nothing too tight, preferably a material that 'breathes' or, for underwear, wicks moisture.
  • Allow fresh air to circulate.
  • Keeping the area open at night(if possible) can help in quick healing & recovery.
  • Apply ointment clotrimazole .It is available as OTC without prescription & will help you greatly.
  • Apply cream containing 1 % hydrocortisone.
  • Keep your blood sugar level under control.

All this will help you greatly.

If still after this,the symptoms persists.then you need to make an appointment with your doctor as prescription oral medications -anti fungal & antibiotics will then be required accordingly.Usually & most likely,the symptoms gets subside with these treatment & doctor visit is less likely required.

Thank you.

Hope this helped

If you have any further question then you can ask me.

Please leave positive rating above the chat box so I can get credit for helping you today ,we only get after positive feedback.

Bonus is highly appreciated.

We are here to help you until you satisfy.

Kind Regards

Dr.Josh

Dear customer

Do you have any other follow up question?

Waiting for your reply…

Thank you.

Kind Regards

Dr.Josh

thank you for your positive reply, i will try the cream
kind regards

Yes,please apply the ointment clotrimazole 2-3 times a day.This will help you greatly to eradicate the infection.

Thank you for the words of appreciation & for using just answer website.

God bless you & take care.

Kind Regards
Dr.Josh