Medical

Have medical questions? Ask a doctor online!

Ask a Doctor,

Last week I noticed a bump the size of a pea under the skin…

Customer Question
Last week I noticed a...
Last week I noticed a bump the size of a pea under the skin between my scrotum and anus. It seems to appear suddenly because I didn't notice it the day before. It Is not very painful or red. The location is not on the groin but to the right under the scrotum. Are there lymph nodes in that area? What could this be?
Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: Medical
9/25/2017
Doctor: Dr. K., MD replied 10 months ago
Dr. K.
Dr. K., MD
Hello and welcome to Just Answer. I looking forward to assisting you with your question and providing excellent service.
There are no lymph nodes there under the skin, so superficial you could feel. This is likely to be an infected hair follicle or a sebaceous cyst. Especially with the sudden appearance. Leave it alone and it is likely to go away.
How long might it take?
A week or less
What should I do if it doesn't?
I would see your primary Dr but it sure does not sound worrisome