Medical

Have medical questions? Ask a doctor online!

Ask a Doctor,

I recently had bloodwork done and my ferritin level came…

Customer Question
I recently had bloodwork...

I recently had bloodwork done and my ferritin level came back as 8.2mg/ml. Is this considered low?

Doctor's Assistant: In general, how has your health been lately?

Chronic fatigue, dizziness, headaches, etc. I was first seen for suspected thyroid issues when the bloodwork came back as low iron.

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?

An early miscarriage in March, heavy periods in general, and the inability to conceive (months prior to the miscarriage and 6 months since) for the past year.

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Medical
9/25/2017
Doctor: Dr. K., MD replied 8 months ago
Dr. K.
Dr. K., MD
What was your hemoglobin?
Doctor: Dr. K., MD replied 8 months ago
are you sure of the units, its normally measured in ng/ml.
I meant 8.2ng/mL. Hemoglobin was 11.6g/dl.
Doctor: Dr. K., MD replied 8 months ago
Hb is slightly low, anemic. The ferritin is also slightly low indicating iron deficiency anemia. Likely due to the heavy periods
Dr. K.
Dr. K.
Dr. K., MD