Medical

Have Medical Questions? Ask a Doctor Online!

Ask a Doctor,

Medical

My husband mixed up his tetracycline prescription and took

Hi my husband mixed up...
Hi my husband mixed up his tetracycline prescription and took the dogs Apoquel 16mg. 3 times. morning bed and morning. Yikes they don't even look the same. he says he feels fine. last night was the last time he took one.
JA: What medications do you take daily? Are you allergic to any medications?
Customer: none none
JA: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?
Customer: he has ulcerated colitis
9/25/2017
Dr. Muneeb Ali

Welcome to JA and thanks for this question. im sorry to hear about your husband. Now if your husband had taken just one i would have saif that he is likely to be fine as a single dose is less likely to cause any of the side effects such as decrease in the blood cells of the body including red, white cells and also the platelets. However since he has taken three doses i would strongly advise getting him evaluated by visiting his doctor and getting a CBC test done. WHile it is VERY likely that he will be fine and not experience any of the effects on the bone marrow or even develop bleeding, but given his past history of ulcerative colitis and also the dose that he took, it is important to be careful anf get this evaluated.

My advice is to get him evaluated and get a CBC test done at the very least even though it is likely he will be fine. BUT DO get him checked out.

Do you have any more questions?

Please leave a POSITIVE rating by clicking on the stars above, until you do i am not compensated for my time. You can continue to ask follow-up questions even after the POSITIVE rating. You can also ask questions from me directly by going on the link below,

http://www.justanswer.com/medical/expert-dr-muneeb-ali/

Dr. Muneeb Ali
Dr. Muneeb Ali
Dr. Muneeb Ali
Dr. Muneeb Ali, Doctor