Medical

Have medical questions? Ask a doctor online!

Ask a Doctor,

I would like to know of any doctors in South Africa that are…

Customer Question
Good day, I...

Good day, I would like to know of any doctors in South Africa that are trained to do a2m injections for knees as an alternative for surgery.

Doctor's Assistant: What seems to make the symptoms worse or better? Have you noticed any swelling?

Exercise seems to make it worse. Sometimes there is swelling sometimes not. The pain can vary from my knee to the rest of the leg, especially the inner thighs and when I press on it, it makes it worse.

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?

Not really. I have been doing yoga and Pilatus all my life and enjoyed it very much, but am unable to bend knee and would like to cycle again but that seems to make it worse I think I have osteoporosis and RA but not too bad. Thanks for your help, Maxi

Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: Medical
9/25/2017
Doctor: Dr. David, Board Certified Physician replied 10 months ago
Dr. David, Board Certified Physician

Hello, this is Dr. David. I am reviewing your question now and will be with you momentarily.

most likely no places for alpha 2 macroglobulin knee injections

but there are places which can do platelet rich plasma injections of the knee to help decrease inflammation and help with healing

http://www.capekneeclinic.co.za/prp

Dr Hayden Hobbs Life Orthopaedic Hospital Alexandra Rd Pinelands 7405 Email:***@******.*** Practice Manager Lindsey McClean Tel: +27 21(###) ###-####Fax: +27 21(###) ###-####/p>

have you tried this?

Thank you so much for info. No I have not tried the mentioned hospitals or doctors but I will do so soon.THANKS AGAIN, Maxi

you are wecome

let me know if you have other questions.
if done for now, please leave Positive Rating of 5 stars so I can get credit for helping you today
we only get credit for helping clients after positive feedback
you may have to scroll up or down to see the ratings area
you can always reach me directly with "a question for Dr. David" in the medicine or oncology categories if you have other questions
here is my website if you need to reach me:
http://www.justanswer.com/medical/expert-dr-david/
Thanks for using JustAnswers.com