Medical

Have medical questions? Ask a doctor online!

Ask a Doctor,

I have a lump that has developed by my right nipple and it…

Customer Question
Hi i have a...

Hi i have a lump that has developed by my right nipple and it is very tender i am male and 70 years old

Doctor's Assistant: How long have you had the lump? Is it hard or soft?

It is hard and i noticed it about a month ago

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?

At this stage not really

Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: Medical
9/25/2017
Doctor: Dr. Arun Phophalia, Doctor replied 10 months ago

Welcome to Just Answer.
Answers here are for education and information.
I will respond shortly with an answer, or further information request.

What is the size of the lump?

Is it movable or is stuck to skin or underlying tissue?

it is under the skin

This is likely to be a neurofibroma is tender because of partly made of nerve.

This needs surgical removal / excision. A biopsy should be sent to rule out male breast cancer, which though is rare but for precaution should be ruled out.

An MRI may be done before the surgery.

Please feel free for your follow up questions.

I would be happy to assist you further, if you need any more information.

Thanks for using Just Answer.

no i would rather talk here
than on phone as i don't have one
the lump is about 5cm in dis and is quite painful

Apologies for any intrusion of those automatic offers for phone calls. These are produced by the website automatically and outside of my control.

thank you
i await your reply

This is likely to be a neurofibroma.

You may get an MRI for the confirmation.

This would need surgical removal / excision.

A biopsy of the specimen should be sent for the confirmation of the diagnosis and ruling out male breast cancer; which though is rare, but an utmost precaution should be taken for completely ruling it out.

Thanks for using Just Answer.

thank you for your time and information i will follow it up
cheers

You are very welcome.

It is privilege assisting you. Please let me know if you have further queries or unanswered questions.Please consider a positive 5 star rating if this interaction has been satisfactory, as this is the only way we experts are credited and compensated for the time and work. You are not charged again for giving a rating. The rating button is on the left upper side of this thread.Thank you.Wishing you all the very best in life.http://ww2.justanswer.com/help/how-do-i-rate-answer-hl

Just Answer is based on honor system. Experts are paid for time and expertise only when a positive rating is received.

Was this information helpful to you? I would be glad to answer any further questions.

Best wishes,

It was my pleasure to help you.
If I have answered all your questions, Please rate my response Excellent (click on the 5th star).
Please bookmark my profile for fast, reliable authentic answers!
This is the link to my profile:

http://www.justanswer.com/medical/expert-drarunphophalia/

Stay blessed.