Medical

Have medical questions? Ask a doctor online!

Ask a Doctor,

You real person? I have a few. My left hand, I can't open my…

Customer Question
You real person? Doctor's...

You real person?

Doctor's Assistant: What are all the symptoms you're experiencing (e.g. loss of appetite, fever, rash)?

I have a few

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?

My left hand, I can't open my hand, can only dquueze; feels like pinky to middle finger are asleep and cant open. secondly, I constantly have to spit, unnaturally

Doctor's Assistant: What seems to make the symptoms worse or better? In general, how would you describe your health lately?

Third- I can't pee, especially if I know someones in the next room

Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: Medical
9/25/2017
Doctor: Dr. Muneeb Ali, Doctor replied 10 months ago
Dr. Muneeb Ali

Welcome to JA and thanks for this question. Im sorry to hear about your symptoms. Can i ask how long have you been having the numbness in the hand?

Now ill address your issues one by one,

1) The numbness in the pinky to middle finger of one hand is likely to be due to compression of the nerves either in the elbow or at the level of the wrist. This is likely to be due to compression of the ulnar nerve which passes just behind the elbow and also through the rest. This would be diagnosed with a simple NCS/EMG test and once diagnosed the problem can be corrected with the help of wrist splints in case of compression in the wrist or steroid injections or in severe cases with surgery to relieve the compression. You can try using OTC supplements like vitamin b12, folate supplements and alpha lipoic acid supplements.

2) regarding the constant need to spit, that can be due to a few conditions. The first one which comes to mind is that you could have a minor infection of the salivary glands which is leading to the increased production of saliva. It can also be due to nutritional deficiencies, like vitamin b12, folate etc as well. Another cause can be overproduction of saliva because of an autoimmune disease and if all of these conditions are ruled out then anxiety can be considered as a possible cause. But first the other causes should be considered.

3) regarding the urination issue, that is likely to be due to anxiety more than anything else. The reason being that if you can urinate when no one is around then that would mean that the cause is more psychological rather than physical. HOWEVER if you are unable to urinate even when you are alone, then we can consider bladder issues or problems in the lower back OR if you are male., then prostate issues can be considered.

Do you have any more questions?

Please leave a POSITIVE rating by clicking on the stars above, until you do i am not compensated for my time. You can continue to ask follow-up questions even after the POSITIVE rating. You can also ask questions from me directly by going on the link below,

http://www.justanswer.com/medical/expert-dr-muneeb-ali/