Medical

Have medical questions? Ask a doctor online!

Ask a Doctor,

My 16 yr old volleyball daughter has had bad body itching…

Customer Question
My 16 yr old...

My 16 yr old volleyball daughter has had bad body itching (mostly legs, hands and abdomen for a year now and has been on steroids, prescription creams, antihistamines consistently for over 6 months. She hasn't slept a full night in months Now within the last 2 months both my husband and I have developed skin itching on his back and my abdomen. This itching feeling driving us mad .... HELP?!?!

Doctor's Assistant: What medications do you take daily? Are you allergic to any medications?

My daughter takes Reactinw morning and suppertime then Nenadryl at bed and prescribed steroid creams as well as a week of steroids back a few months. My husband takes no regular meds...I take Pentasa( recently increased) seroquel, lyrica, Effexor, Crestor, coversyl, alesse and zopiclone

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?

I have Crohn's disease and treated depression that has been coming out of remission and we also have a University son who lives 3 hours away and has no itch business (but he also has Crohn's)

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Medical
9/25/2017
Doctor: Dr. David, Board Certified Physician replied 11 months ago
Dr. David, Board Certified Physician

Hello, this is Dr. David. I am reviewing your question now and will be with you momentarily.

have the beds been checked for bed bugs?

she and your husband should be checked for autoimmune disorders which can cause skin itchiness such as eczema and psoriasis.

crohns is a type of autoimmune disorder.

let me know if you have questions.