Dr Josh
Dr Josh, Doctor
Experience:  Medicine doctor, PGCSD(dermatology)
6740150

Occasionally I've had a numbing feeling I'm both legs and

occasionally I've had a numbing feeling I'm both legs and then it turns to pain in my back to where I have to sit down or I will fall down then the pain gets real severe for about 5 minutes then it starts letting off at this point I can slowly get up and walk, I'm 69 years old and very active

Dear customer

This is Dr. Josh. I am reviewing your question now and will be with you momentarily.

Thank you.

Kind Regards

Dr.Josh

Dear customer

Thank you for being online.

The numbing feeling you are having in both legs can have all kinds of different causes, as it is a symptom of many different diseases.

It usually arises from damage or disease of nerves.Its most common causes are:nerve compression syndromes, pressure on the spinal nerves such as that due to a herniated disk,high blood pressure, diabetes, stroke,transient ischemic attack.

Also there is possibility of degenerative changes due to age.Joint degeneration is a natural part of aging and over time all people will exhibit changes in their joints consistent with a greater or lesser degree of degeneration.

You need x-rays of spine.Tests like electromyography and nerve conduction studies,certain blood tests,electro physiological studies are required to make the exact diagnosis.

Take tab. Ibuprofen 400mg from the counter. It is available at your pharmacy as OTC(over the counter) without prescription & will help you greatly in pain relief.

So my best advise for you is to please make an appointment with your doctor to have the tests & examination done so as to know the exact underlying cause & then treatment will be done accordingly.

Thank you.

Hope this helped

If you have any further question then you can ask me.

Please leave positive rating above the chat box so I can get credit for helping you today ,we only get after positive feedback.

Bonus is highly appreciated.

We are here to help you until you satisfy.

Kind Regards

Dr.Josh

Customer: replied 25 days ago.
it only happens maybe every other year and systems happen once a week for maybe a month I can handle a lot of pain but not being able to walk concerns me

Dear customer

Thank you for replying back.

Your symptoms of not able to walk is most likely due to neurological causes.

You may need CT scan/MRI scan of brain & other neurological testing like electromyography(EMG) and nerve conduction studies and blood tests are requited to know the exact underlying cause.

So neurologist is the best doctor you need to consult with.

Thank you.

Kind Regards

Dr.Josh