Dr. Phil, MD
Dr. Phil, MD, Medical Doctor
Experience:  Medical Doctor Trained at a Top Academic Institution
55099014

I have had a sore throat and ear ache for last week. I am

I have had a sore throat and ear ache for last week. I am prone to sinus infections and was crying a lot last 2 weeks due to family illness so I'm not surprised. The pain in ear and glands was getting bad so last nite I took 1/2 DS oral Bactrim and then this morning took a whole DS Bactrim. Out of the blue I got serious chills to point of physical goose bumps, soreness in neck and arms and also leg muscles. I just took temp and it is 100.5 which is high for me. My typical daily temp is actually below normal. Could this be allergic reaction to Bactrim? Should I take another one?

Hi, this is Dr Phil, here to assist you. I am Board Certified with over 10 years of experience. I will respond with my answer shortly. Thank you.

this could be an allergy. yes

I wouldn't take any more

this antibiotic isn't really good for an ear infection anyways

you need to see a doctor and get on something like augmentin

let me know if you have other questions.

if done for now, please leave a 5 star rating above the chat box so I can get credit for helping you today

we only get credit for helping clients after positive feedback

you can always reach me with "a question for Dr. Phil" in the medicine, cardiology or pharmacy categories if you have any other questions

here is my website if you need to reach me again:

http://www.justanswer.com/medical/expert-irondoc/

Customer: replied 27 days ago.
Ok - if my fever does not subside should I do anything tonite? Could this be spinal menengitis?

I would go and get checked if you get rear neck pain or a severe headache or can't see

I doubt it is meningitis

Customer: replied 27 days ago.
Ok thank you

welcome :)