Medical

Have medical questions? Ask a doctor online!

Ask a Doctor,

I have severe copd now I am having dental pain in old

Customer Question
I have severe copd...

I have severe copd now I am having dental pain in old fillings. I had a bad reaction about 6mos ago, almost had a heart attack after a tooth was extracted, I did take antibiotics before I went. Now this is more serious I am afraid, what do I do

Doctor's Assistant: Do you know if your family has a history of heart disease? In general, how would you describe your health lately?

I think everybody took care of their teeth I was busy taking care of children, I did have a nephew who passed away in the dental office about 2 yrs ago, a sister with Romantic Fever that about it

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?

CHF, controlled hight blood pressure along with severe copd stage 4, the pain is starting all over my mouth. I take lots of antibiotics pretty much all the time, there is no infection

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Medical
9/25/2017
Doctor: Dr. Phil, MD, Medical Doctor replied 11 months ago
Dr. Phil, MD
Dr. Phil, MD, Medical Doctor
What caused the almost heart attack? The lidocaine?
I assume

Ok

you could always have nitrous oxide. it is mixed with oxygen and generally considered safe even with COPD.

is this helpful?