Medical

Have medical questions? Ask a doctor online!

Ask a Doctor,

I have had Silicone Breast Implants since 1981. My mother…

Customer Question
I have had Silicone...

I have had Silicone Breast Implants since 1981. My mother even supported my decision, as I had just been through the never-ending trams of relinquishing a baby for adoption in my senior year of High School. My OBGYN did NOT give me the injection to stop milk production. I was left with emotional scars and breasts I could not look at. They were switched out in 1994 due to capsulization. One year ago, it was discovered that both were ruptured with the silicone leaving the chest cavity. I am terribly worried, as I have experienced many health problems over the years, most problematic...Migraine headaches and debilitating fatigue. The majority of Cosmetic Surgeons seem to have banded together in telling patients "silicone toxicity" is a myth, and go so far as to "scold clients coming in for help. My Doctor in Scottsdale has retired. I was positively NEVER told about the "10 year switchout!" These have been in for 24 years now! I am afraid I am in an awful mess! One last note: I have trained horses and roped for the last 35+ years. Please help me.

Doctor's Assistant: Is the headache episodic or daily? And what about nausea?

It varies greatly. This week they have been daily, however, I have gone for weeks with out experiencing one. The Imatrex has been a Godsend. I never before made any connection, but they began in college, shortly after implants were put in? Prior to the Imatrex, the nausea was a horrible part of each headache and they would last exactly 24 hours. I am not saying there is necessarily a connection.

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?

Last year I was diagnosed with M.S. The scans came back positive, cognitive/memory problems, etc. The final test, however, the Spinal Puncture, did not confirm all other findings?

Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: Medical
9/25/2017
Doctor: DrRussMD, Board Certified Physician replied 10 months ago
DrRussMD, Board Certified Physician

Hi.
Welcome to just answer. I am here to answer questions for education and information. I will respond shortly with an answer, or a question for you

I understand the situation, very rough.

What is your question for us today about this?

We answer specific questions.

What is it that you are asking about?

Thank you for waiting... my question is: What are the possible consequences of ruptured silicone breast implants with silicone leaving the chest cavity?

You have requested a phone call.

I do not do them, and I did not suggest one.

Would you like to wait for an expert who takes calls or continue on these posts?

I am happy to wait for another doctor, as long as he is an expert in this field. Thank you.

If no one calls you you can come back and post for me/ Although I was one of the original examining doctors in the lawsuit against silicone breast plants, if that is meaningful to you. You can always find me by request.