Medical

Have medical questions? Ask a doctor online!

Ask a Doctor,

My wife suffered a stroke in 2014, she has dysgusia from it,

Customer Question
My wife suffered a...

My wife suffered a stroke in 2014, she has dysgusia from it, is there anyone she can see for this at mayo?

Doctor's Assistant: Have you seen a doctor about this yet? What medications are you taking?

Yes, she is on plavics

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?

Her stroke was caused by a hole in her heart, the doctors say this is a rare condition and most doctors she has seen said they never heard of this

Doctor's Assistant: Do you know if your family has a history of heart disease? In general, how would you describe your health lately?

She generally has fair health, she has a lot of other issues, she didn't know about the heart condition, she does have an aortia aneurysm

Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: Medical
9/24/2017
Doctor: DrRussMD, Board Certified Physician replied 10 months ago
DrRussMD, Board Certified Physician

Hi.
Welcome to just answer. I am here to answer questions for education and information. I will respond shortly with an answer, or a question for you

I believe this is often permanent after s stroke if this is the effect, what did her neurologist tell her?

she did not know of anything to help this condition
i will have to do this at a different time-thanks
would there be someone we could come and see or do is this something that can't be fixed?

I did not suggest a phone call.

This is not the mayo clinic. I thought you need help finding a practitioner?

If you would like to continue, please answer my question above.