Medical

Have medical questions? Ask a doctor online!

Ask a Doctor,

Can I talk to someone about melanoma please

Customer Question
Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: Medical
I kind of freaked myself out and with good ol Dr. Google. I haven't taken off my toenail polish is quite awhile And when I did a few weeks ago I noticed that my toenail was discolored on the one side. So the other night I looked it up on Google to see if it was some kind of toenail fungus and Google kept on telling me it was melanoma(also learned a lot about Bob marley). So then I got a bit crazy and scraped my nail plate off. The nail bed was not discolored...does this mean it's not melanoma??? Thank you in advance for taking the time to deal with my paranoia
9/24/2017
Doctor: Dr Uzair, Doctor replied 10 months ago
Dr Uzair
Dr Uzair, Doctor

Hello, my name is***** and I shall be assisting you today. I'm reviewing your query & will get back to you shortly. Thank you for your patience.

Can you please send a photo of the nail?

This is the toe before and after scraped the nail plate off

It does not seem to be melanoma as discoloration is limited to the nail only. However it can be a toe nail fungus. So nothing much to worry about as it does not seem to be anything of serious nature.

Hope this helps.

Please do not forget to leave a positive rating for the service by clicking on the stars on top of the screen.

Best wishes.

Please let me know if you have followup questions.