Medical

Have medical questions? Ask a doctor online!

Ask a Doctor,

Can scoliosis cause pain in the groin area (scrotum).

Can scoliosis cause pain...

Can scoliosis cause pain in the groin area (scrotum). lateral curve that makes right leg shorter than the left?

Doctor's Assistant: What seems to make the symptoms worse or better? Have you noticed any swelling?

Walking sometimes and strength training. no swelling. But I also hace an enlerged prostate.

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?

I don't thnik so except that I am 85 years old

9/24/2017
DrRussMD, Board Certified Physician

Hi.
Welcome to just answer. I am here to answer questions for education and information. I will respond shortly with an answer, or a question for you

It might

How old are you

what gender?

Have you had an x ray of the hip?

85 years old. Male. Yes

What dis the x ray show of the hip on that side of the groin pain?

Later curve that makes right leg shorter than the left I also have an enlarged prostate
should read lateral curve

That is a spinal finding.

Not a hip finding.

Have you had imaging of the hip on that side?

The hip is fine.

OK

Groin pain would usually be referred from the hip, structurally speaking.

It would be rare, but it could happen if there is severe disc disease in the lower spine, compressing nerve roots.

Other problems such as hernia, prostate disease if male, infection and ligament tears need to be ruled out.

OK, let me know if you have more questions.

please click a positive rating on the rating scale. [This must be done manually]. In fact, a 5 rating squares me with just answer and allows me to provide prompt and accurate service to you, but does not increase your cost. And, I will be here for any follow up needed.

DrRussMD, Board Certified Physician