Medical

Have medical questions? Ask a doctor online!

Ask a Doctor,

My left trapezius muscle has been contracted 24/7 for about…

Customer Question
Hi! My left trapezius...

Hi! My left trapezius muscle has been contracted 24/7 for about 7 years, it triggers severe migraines fairly often and salanpas patches on my shoulder or icy hot seem to be the only thing that helps, however the muscle still never relaxes. I'm trying to figure out what the condition might be so I might seek treatment. This has gone on too long.

Doctor's Assistant: Is the headache episodic or daily? And what about nausea?

They aren't daily, but they can last several days. I've had migraines since I was a child, but when they start on the left side they are worse than I had ever imagined. I'm actually almost happy when I get a migraine on the right side, those are more tolerable and easier to get rid of. There is nausea occasionally, but only during the most severe migraines, including those before the muscle started acting up.

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?

Nothing I can think of, although I have mild scoliosis.

Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: Medical
9/24/2017
Doctor: Doctor John MD, Board Certified MD replied 10 months ago
Doctor John MD
Doctor John MD, Board Certified MD

You posted this question twice. I'm answering the other one and will have customer service close this one.