Medical

Have medical questions? Ask a doctor online!

Ask a Doctor,

Is it safe to take a fish oil supplement while taking blood…

Customer Question
Is it safe to...

Is it safe to take a fish oil supplement while taking blood thinner medication, specifically, Xarelto?

Doctor's Assistant: What medications do you take daily? Are you allergic to any medications?

Avapro and Lasix - I might be allergic to pecicillan.

Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: Medical
9/24/2017
Doctor: DrRussMD, Board Certified Physician replied 10 months ago
DrRussMD, Board Certified Physician

Hi.
Welcome to just answer. I am here to answer questions for education and information. I will respond shortly with an answer, or a question for you

No.

It is potentially unsafe.

Increased risk of bleeding.

If you do this, it is only with your doctors approval and monitoring.

OK, let me know if you have further questions.

Also, please click a positive rating on the rating scale. [This must be done manually]. In fact, a 5 rating squares me with just answer and allows me to provide prompt and accurate service to you, but does not increase your cost. And, I will be here for any follow up needed.