Medical

Have medical questions? Ask a doctor online!

Ask a Doctor,

I have a question about pregnancy after sex I took a blood…

Customer Question
I have a question...

I have a question about pregnancy after sex I took a blood test26 days after and pregnancy test home 32 days afterwards would this give accurate results I have had some bleeding but irregular I'm 47

Doctor's Assistant: Is this a time sensitive issue? What type of specimen are they testing?

Blood to look for hug horomone

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Medical
9/24/2017
Doctor: Dr. Muneeb Ali, Doctor replied 8 months ago
Dr. Muneeb Ali

Welcome to JA and thanks for this question. Actually a blood test after 26 days of having sexual intercourse would be EXTREMELY accurate, infact the accuracy at this point after sexual intercourse would be almost 100%. if the pregnancy test at day 26 and day 32 are negative then that basically means that you are NOT pregnant and the tests are accurate. The bleeding that you are having can be due to a number of other conditions including simple hormonal imbalances which can arise because of stress, anxiety or even viral or bacterial infections in the recent past. Usually a simple blood hormonal panel would be diagnostic in this case. The treatment is with simple medications.

Other causes would include infections, thyroid gland disorders etc. However if you have had two negative tests then you are not prgenant. The other major possibility at this time is that you could be undergoing perimenopause which can cause initially a delayed period or even an absent period along with intermittent irregular bleeding. You could also start experiencing irregular periods once you start with perimenopause.

Do you have any more questions?

Please leave a POSITIVE rating by clicking on the stars above, until you do i am not compensated for my time. You can continue to ask follow-up questions even after the POSITIVE rating. You can also ask questions from me directly by going on the link below,

http://www.justanswer.com/medical/expert-dr-muneeb-ali/

Doctor: Dr. Muneeb Ali, Doctor replied 7 months ago

Would you like to know anything else? Any clarifications or additional questions that you might have, i would be happy to answer them for you. If done for now, please remember to leave a positive rating as that is the only way we are compensated for our time spent helping you. You can continue to ask follow-up questions even after the rating.

Dr. Muneeb Ali
Dr. Muneeb Ali
Dr. Muneeb Ali, Doctor