Medical

Have medical questions? Ask a doctor online!

Ask a Doctor,

I needed to consult about ringing in my ear. Its been more…

Customer Question
I needed to consult...

I needed to consult about ringing in my ear

Doctor's Assistant: How long have you been dealing with the ear issue? Have you had any colds or flus recently?

Its been more then couple of months and yes I have had cold before that and have ad flu aswell

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?

I had high blood pressure long time ago

Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: Medical
Answered in 1 minute by:
9/24/2017
Doctor: Dr Josh, Doctor replied 10 months ago
Dr Josh
Dr Josh, Doctor

Dear customer

This is Dr. Josh. I am reviewing your question now and will be with you momentarily.

Thank you.

Kind Regards

Dr.Josh

Dear customer

Thank you for being online.

Ringing & buzzing in ears is medically termed as a condition called tinnitus.The most common cause of this ringing in ears is damage to the microscopic endings of the hearing nerve in the inner ear.

Other causes are:hearing nerve impairment due to advanced age,wax buildup or foreign objects in the ear canal, ear or sinus infections,exposure to loud noise,diseases of the central nervous system.

In many cases,it may simply go away on its own.Otherwise treatment includes anti-anxiety drugs and antidepressants,antihistamines, anticonvulsants,Tinnitus retraining therapy (TRT).

So my best advise for you is to please make an appointment with your ENT doctor to have clinical examination done so as to know the exact underlying cause of this ringing in ears & then treatment will be done accordingly.

Thank you.

Hope this helped

If you have any further question then you can ask me.

Please leave positive rating above the chat box so I can get credit for helping you today ,we only get after positive feedback.

Bonus is highly appreciated.

We are here to help you until you satisfy.

Kind Regards

Dr.Josh