Medical

Have medical questions? Ask a doctor online!

Ask a Doctor,

Abcesses on my lower back and both armpits bot came back…

Customer Question
hi abcesses on my lower...
hi abcesses on my lower back and both armpits bot came back positive for a type of pneumonia they said only 1 antibiotic can treat in uk.i had to go into hospital anyway to get huge neck abcess drained at back off my neck so my doctor wrote i should get these antibiotics iv, though in end i just got them as tablets 2 a day for 5 days.i have pernicious anemia aswell and doubt im going to be fit enough to heal and fight this pneumonia off.any advice or anything i could say to docs to get them to treat me seriousy and possibly get them to refer me to immunology?
Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: Medical
9/24/2017
Doctor: Dr. Arun Phophalia, Doctor replied 10 months ago

Welcome to Just Answer.
Answers here are for education and information.
I will respond shortly with an answer, or further information request.

What did your blood, urine and pus culture show?

they didnt take urine culture,bloods seem to be fine, pus showed something pneumonia on lower back and under both armpits

Pneumonia usually need a chest x-ray and a CT scan of chest for the evaluation and confirmation of the diagnosis.

So if those had not been done should be immediately recommended.

where i have pus from armpits and lower back all pneumonia, theyv given me 10 tablets 2 a day of the one antibiotic that can work for it, they just drained huge abcess from back of neck have finished antibiotics, have pernicious anemia,im no better, terrified i will die

If the antibiotic is sensitive for the bacteria ascertained by the pus culture; even a single antibiotic would work and eradicate the infection.

i am back in hospital 25th for wisdom tooth abcess i will ask for chest x ray etc
the doctor said from the bacteria swaps from armpits and lower back all 3 came back as soething pneumonia and there was only one antibiotic avalable to treat it?

This is right for the bacteria and treatment.

But on that basis, diagnosing or labeling a pneumonia is not possible, Chest x-ray and CT scan are mandatory.

Just Answer is based on honor system. Experts are paid for time and expertise only when a positive rating is received.

Was this information helpful to you? I would be glad to answer any further questions.

Best wishes,

It was my pleasure to help you.
If I have answered all your questions, Please rate my response Excellent (click on the 5th star).
Please bookmark my profile for fast, reliable authentic answers!
This is the link to my profile:

http://www.justanswer.com/medical/expert-drarunphophalia/

Stay blessed.