Medical

Have medical questions? Ask a doctor online!

Ask a Doctor,

I had a brownish bladder output yesterday. what worries me…

Customer Question
I had a brownish...

I had a brownish bladder output yesterday. what worries me most though is that for three days I have found blood when I wipe,then today there was quite a bit on my pad as well as when I wiped.

Doctor's Assistant: In general, how has your health been lately?

Sluggish and tired. Not cramping or burning like a bladder infection. I should mention I tested for 41% kidney function two weeks ago. That's why I worry.

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?

Controlled diabetes, high blood presure and cholesterol.

Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: Medical
9/24/2017
Doctor: Dr. Arun Phophalia, Doctor replied 10 months ago

Welcome to Just Answer.
Answers here are for education and information.
I will respond shortly with an answer, or further information request.

Despite the absence of burning urination and cramping, UTI is one for the foremost cause for these symptoms of brownish bladder output and blood on wiping. So a urine exam and a culture is essential.

You also need an ultrasound and magnetic resonance urogram for the evaluation and management with your history of diabetes, hypertension, high lipids and lowered kidney functions.

Please feel free for your follow up questions.

I would be happy to assist you further, if you need any more information.

Thanks for using Just Answer.

The various causes for this bleeding in urine (called as hematuria) and the pain can be;

1) Kidney and bladder stones

2) Urinary Tract Obstruction

3) Urinary Tract Trauma

4) Excessive exercise

5) Urinary tract Infection

6) Sickle Cell Disease

7) Kidney and bladder tumor

Read the resource;

http://www.mayoclinic.com/health/blood-in-urine/DS01013

Urine culture and an ultrasound are the first investigative protocol. Intravenous pyelography, CT scan, cystoscopy, etc may be followed depending on the initial investigative results. The investigation of hematuria begins with a search for bacteruria (bacteria in urine) or pyuria (pus in urine). If either is present, a urine culture should be ordered to confirm urinary tract infection (UTI).

Was this information helpful to you? I would be glad to answer any further questions.

It is privilege assisting you.

Please let me know if you have further queries or unanswered questions.

Please consider a positive 5 star rating if this interaction has been satisfactory, as this is the only way we experts are credited and compensated for the time and work. You are not charged again for giving a rating.

The rating button is on the left upper side of this thread.

Thank you.

Wishing you all the very best in life.

http://ww2.justanswer.com/help/how-do-i-rate-answer-hl

Just Answer is based on honor system. Experts are paid for time and expertise only when a positive rating is received.

Best wishes,

It was my pleasure to help you.
If I have answered all your questions, Please rate my response Excellent (click on the 5th star).
Please bookmark my profile for fast, reliable authentic answers!
This is the link to my profile:

http://www.justanswer.com/medical/expert-drarunphophalia/

Stay blessed.