Medical

Have medical questions? Ask a doctor online!

Ask a Doctor,

My pain management doctor had prescribed "Hydromorphone" for…

Customer Question
My pain management doctor...

My pain management doctor had prescribed "Hydromorphone" for me sorry

Doctor's Assistant: How long have you had the pain? What seems to make the pain better or worse?

In 2010. I started having agoraphobia at about that time. It reached epic proportions in Nov. 2016. I couldn't even go to any of my dr. appts. by the end of Nov., to get my refills. I would literally throw up just thinking about having to leave the house, (and that was 2 days before my appts.I ended up in ER on Christmas day due to a constant nausea I had for two weeks. I had not eaten, nor drank anything since the end of Nov., ER informed me that I was severely dehydrated, and that I had been going through withdrawal from the opioid since I had come off of them cold-turkey. I had not even guessed that the 'hell' I had been going through from Nov. until Christmas Day, was due to an addiction to opoids. My question now is, how long will it take to get back to normal? (If at all), because the agoraphobia has been back since the last week of Jan. and I am not able to leave my house, at all.except to keep my family doctor from dropping me. Is this still from taking the hydromorphone for 7yrs., ( he started me on 3-4 pills/day right off the bat. I also have Cognitive MS, severe Fibromyalga, Osteoarthritis, Osteopenia + more that aren't as bad as the ones I have mentioned. The severe fatigue is killing me, I am 61yrs. old and my body feels like I am in my 80s.The hydromorphone slowly stopped working very well in the last 4 yrs. Pain Management told me I could take more if the pain was worse. Can you help me at all?

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?

Yes. Please hold on, I have to grab my list. I cannot remember all of my diagnosis, due to no short-term memory, from the MS.......

Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: Medical
9/24/2017
Doctor: Dr. Phil, MD, Medical Doctor replied 10 months ago
Dr. Phil, MD
Dr. Phil, MD, Medical Doctor

Hi, this is Dr Phil, here to assist you. I am Board Certified with over 10 years of experience. I will respond with my answer shortly. Thank you.

what meds do you take?