Medical

Have medical questions? Ask a doctor online!

Ask a Doctor,

My husband has fatty liver disease, low white count and low…

Customer Question
My husband has fatty...

My husband has fatty liver disease, low white count and low platelet count. He was to have knee surgery yesterday but they cancelled. He received double dose of platelets on Thursday afternoon and his surgery was to be at 8:30 am yesterday. They said his platelet count was now lower than before he received the platelets. No one seems to have explanation for us, They want to do a procedure calls TIPS and we would like to get second opinion. We have been going through this since last August and every time we go instead of good news it is always something else. Can you help us. John is 70 yrs old.

Doctor's Assistant: What seems to make the symptoms worse or better? Have you noticed any swelling?

No swelling

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?

There is so much, chronic 2 kidney disease was added to his chart, Barrett's Esophagus. rheumatoid arthritis, which they took him off that medication. They say his liver disease is not caused by alcohol but fatty.

Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: Medical
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call.
Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
9/24/2017
Doctor: Doctor John MD, Board Certified MD replied 10 months ago
Doctor John MD
Doctor John MD, Board Certified MD

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer.com

This is Dr. John and I will be helping you today.

I will be reviewing your question and will respond shortly.

I may need to ask a few more questions in order to best serve you.

Thank you for your patience.

Answers here are for education and information only.

I have a few more questions to ask, is that ok?

has he seen a hematologist (blood specialist) yet?