Medical

Have medical questions? Ask a doctor online!

Ask a Doctor,

I have a pretty bad abrasion on my right ring finger that…

Customer Question
I have a pretty...

I have a pretty bad abrasion on my right ring finger that happened Thursday. It is red, knuckle is white, pussy, draining clear fluid and is swollen. It also has started to pop if you push around it like there is air in it..???

Doctor's Assistant: How long have you had the symptoms? What seems to make the symptoms worse or better?

Since Thursday...when I bend it or fully straighten it it hurts. Nothing has helped

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?

I get infections very easily I'm a carrier of MRSA..I'm also a nurse so I'm around alot of germs...if I could say anything I'm most worried about it is the crepetes (sp) that has started

Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: Medical
9/24/2017
Doctor: Dr Chip (M.D.), Doctor replied 10 months ago

Hello I'm Dr Chip

Could you please post a photo for me on this page?

Sorry just getting back to u..

Got it--thanks

Looks like you've got some cellulitis there

But like you the crepitance worries me since it can be a sign of an anaerobic bacterial infection that would require clindamycin to treat

So basically you need to get to your doctor to have him take a look, culture it and give you antibiotics

Please let me know if you need any more information