Medical

Have medical questions? Ask a doctor online!

Ask a Doctor,

I'm not sure what's wrong with me....headache for the last 4…

Customer Question
I'm not sure what's...

I'm not sure what's wrong with me....headache for the last 4 days with nausea feeling....

Doctor's Assistant: Is the headache episodic or daily? And what about nausea?

Daily, nausea feeling like I have to vomit constantly, the sun and movement makes it worse

Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: Medical
Answered in 1 minute by:
9/24/2017
Doctor: Dr Uzair, Doctor replied 10 months ago
Dr Uzair
Dr Uzair, Doctor

Hello, my name is***** and I shall be assisting you today. I'm reviewing your query & will get back to you shortly. Thank you for your patience.

What is your age and gender?

Are you on any medication for previously diagnosed medical conditions?

Do you also have dizziness? Any decrease in hearing?

Let me know.

Age 40
Female
ExCedric migraine
Dizziness -yes
Hearing issues-no

Thanks for the reply.

A classical migraine is defined as a one sided headache that is accompanied by nausea/vomiting and photophobia - visual disturbances (that is why the sun is making it worse).

At your age, without any additional symptoms like dizziness, slurring of speech, weakness of any limb(s) etc I would not suspect anything sinister with these symptoms like stroke or a cerebrovascular accident (CVA).

This is most likely an aggravated migraine and you will need to take your ExCedric, an anti emetic (anti nausea) medication like dramamine (OTC) and some bed rest in a quiet room with dim to no light for a few hours.

Let me know if you have any additional queries related to this.

Hope this helps.

Please do leave a positive rating for the service by clicking on the stars on top of the screen.

Best wishes.

Please let me know if you have followup questions.