Medical

Have medical questions? Ask a doctor online!

Ask a Doctor,

I have a coughing problem. The mucus from my sinus drains…

Customer Question
I have a coughing...

I have a coughing problem. The mucus from my sinus drains down in my throat and causes me to cough. I have had this problem for years but it is worse now. What can I do or who should I see. Thank you. Diana

Doctor's Assistant: How long have you been dealing with the cough? Are you having any other symptoms?

Maybe 4 years. I don't have any other symptoms, but it is worse since I moved to Tucson from Maryland.

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?

Nothing else relating to this problem.

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Medical
Answered in 1 minute by:
9/23/2017
Doctor: Dr Chip (M.D.), Doctor replied 11 months ago

Hello I'm Dr Chip

What does the mucus look like?

It is clear with some thickness

Have you tried anything for this Diana?

I don't cough constantly but when I start talking. I sleep sitting up

OK

For now I'd suggest a saline nasal irrigation system, oral probiotics, and either Claritin or Zyrtec

But you may also have a gastric reflux problem so I'd also add Prilosec or Pepcid AC

If that doesn't clear all this up you need to see a family doctor about it