Medical

Have medical questions? Ask a doctor online!

Ask a Doctor,

I have had on and off diarrhea for a week now, but no other…

Customer Question
Ya i have had...

Ya i have had on and off diarrhea for a week now, but no other symptoms

Doctor's Assistant: What are all the symptoms you're experiencing (e.g. loss of appetite, fever, rash)?

Just the on and off diarrhea. I little mucus in the stool too

Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: Medical
9/23/2017
Doctor: Dr Chip (M.D.), Doctor replied 10 months ago

Hello I'm Dr Chip

Any fever or abdominal pain with this?

no

OK

Usually this is a viral gastroenteritis that runs its course in about a week to ten days

For now I suggest oral probiotics, a tablespoon of apple cider vinegar in a glass of water twice a day, and plenty of juices and GatorAde

If it goes on for more than another week you need to see your doctor for a stool culture to check for E coli or C diff

Please let me know if you need any more information