Medical

Have medical questions? Ask a doctor online!

Ask a Doctor,

My husband had two vaccine shots yesterday, one for

Customer Question
My husband had two...

My husband had two vaccine shots yesterday, one for pneumonia and a flu shot. His right arm where he had the flu shot is red covering half of his upper arm. Just applied an ice bag to it. He is not feeling well at all. Is this normal for an injection?

Doctor's Assistant: How long have you had the symptoms? What seems to make the symptoms worse or better?

He has had chills last night at bedtime and still has upset stomach.

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?

He just came off of an antibiotic on Tuesday for an injury he sustained on his left hand.

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Medical
9/23/2017
Doctor: DrRussMD, Board Certified Physician replied 8 months ago
DrRussMD, Board Certified Physician

Hi.
Welcome to just answer. I am here to answer questions for education and information. I will respond shortly with an answer, or a question for you

It is excessive for an injection, not normal.

If he has an infection from this, it will spread and that is called cellulitis.

If it is simply an allergic reaction, if it spreads it can get worse, otherwise it will resolve on its own.

Negative vaccination reactions are under reported, and need to be reported.

He should go to an urgent care or the ER to have this treated.

OK, let me know if you have further questions.

Also, please click a positive rating on the rating scale. [This must be done manually]. In fact, a 5 rating squares me with just answer and allows me to provide prompt and accurate service to you, but does not increase your cost. And, I will be here for any follow up needed.