Medical

Have medical questions? Ask a doctor online!

Ask a Doctor,

Ive been having heat sensations that move around my body n…

Ive been having heat...

Ive been having heat sensations that move around my body n head.and my heart races n feel dizzy n like im going to pass out

Doctor's Assistant: Do you know if your family has a history of heart disease? In general, how would you describe your health lately?

Yes terrible

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?

Gall bladder removed c section

9/23/2017
Dr. Muneeb Ali

Welcome to JA and thanks for this question. Im sorry to hear about your symptoms. Actually the symptoms that you have mentioned can be due to a couple of conditions. The first one is that you could be experiencing a heart issue which is known as arrhythmias. This is a condition in which the heart beats rapidly and irregularly and that can lead to impaired blood supply to teh rest of teh body causing symptoms like palpitations, dizziness, abnormal hot or cold sensations in the body, shortness of breath, chest pain among many others. this can be diagnosed with the help of a simple EKG, echocardiogram and also with the help of simple 24 hour holter monitor test. The treatment can be with the help of various medications.

The second possible cause of these symptoms can be related to the thyroid gland. AN overactive thyroid gland which produces too many hormones can also cause this problem as well. A simple thyroid function test would be diagnostic here and then it can be treated with simple medications.

I would STRONGLY suggest that you do get the above two conditions evaluated for as soon as possible, especially the heart issue, by visiting your doctor.

Do you have any more questions?

Please leave a POSITIVE rating by clicking on the stars above, until you do i am not compensated for my time. You can continue to ask follow-up questions even after the POSITIVE rating. You can also ask questions from me directly by going on the link below,

http://www.justanswer.com/medical/expert-dr-muneeb-ali/

My stomach been hurting n i get nausea and feel very anxious. Had anxiety in past .high blood pressure
No

I am typing down a response, the phone call request was an autimated site response, I DID NOT SEND IT. It will take me a few minutes to complete my answer.

My throat feels full n kinda tight. Had thyroid goiters before

Those can also be associated with the arrhythmias and that is why i would consider those as the first option. The above tests MUST be done to rule it out here.

If those are ruled out then the thyroid should be considered and if that is ruled out then i would consider pheochromocytoma which is a condition in which there is a BENIGN tumor in the adrenals which can cause ALL of your symptoms including the high blood pressure intermittently as well as the anxiety because of intermittent release of excess amounts of adrenaline from the adrenals. This would require a 24 hour urine catecholamine level to be diagnosed.

If that is ruled out as a cause as well, then we can consider anxiety alone causing your symptoms which is a common phenomenon as well.

Do you have any more questions?

Cant i do that thro the mail? The swab test not good enough?
Hello?
affects my vision n pupils
The swab test for which condition? Arrhythmias can't be diagnosed through the mail. Neither can thyroid and the ideal test for pheochromocytoma is the urine test that imentioned.
The vision and pupils can all be affected in these three conditions.
Is there any tests for adrenals on line?like the swab test in mouth
This is not the common test which you find online, this does not check for cortisol levels which does have a swab test. It checks for catecholamines which are completely different hormone and it does not have test which can be done at home.
Dr. Muneeb Ali