Medical

Have medical questions? Ask a doctor online!

Ask a Doctor,

I have a bump on my skin that is firm, wax like. It is

Customer Question
I have a bump...

I have a bump on my skin that is firm, wax like. It is small, half the size of my pinkie fingernail. Sometimes it itches and my waistband rubs on it because it is on my abdomen. Can a doctor remove it or do I need a specialist? What causes it?

Doctor's Assistant: How long have you been dealing with this? Does anything in particular seem to make the itch better or worse?

Covering it makes it worse or if close fitting clothes rub against it.

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?

I have one similar bump on each upper arm that developed when I was pregnant.

Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: Medical
9/23/2017
Doctor: Dr Chip (M.D.), Doctor replied 10 months ago

Hello I'm Dr Chip

Could you please post a photo for me on this page?

It is usually the color of my skin, but I have irritated it by putting Triamcinolone Acetonide on it. The surface is pearly.
Here are some photos and a photo of the existing bump that has existed for about 25 years.

Got those--thanks

That's a simple benign cyst and nothing at all serious

But nothing topical will get rid of it

You need to see a dermatologist and it can be removed without scarring either by using a liquid nitrogen freeze or with a cold CO2 laser

Please let me know if you need any more information

Thanks so much!

My pleasure

Please click on the 5 star excellent rating icon so I can get credit for my time with you