Medical

Have medical questions? Ask a doctor online!

Ask a Doctor,

Me foot is swollen under my toes, and my big toe nail is…

Me foot is swollen...

Me foot is swollen under my toes, and my big toe nail is black...uncomfortable when walking .

Doctor's Assistant: Any recent injuries? How long have you been dealing with the swelling?

For A while now, my achilles tendons also injured for over a year now, could that be a reason for the swelling?

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?

No not really...

9/23/2017

Hello I'm Dr Chip

Could you please post a photo for me on this page?

could this be caused by a damaged achilles tendon ??

Is that toe itself tender and painful?

dont have the funds for the phone call this moment.

The phone call offer wasn't from me and you don't have to accept it

But is that toe tender and painful?

No its not painful, JUST concerend why the nail is black and the swelling under the toes.

OK This isn't related to an Achilles tendon problem

But it does look like you've got a combination of tendonitis of the foot itself and a subungual hematoma--blood under that nail

You might also have a stress fracture of that toe

I suggest you have your doctor check this out with and exam and an MRI of the foot

Please let me know if you need any more information

Thank You for your help.

My pleasure

Please click on the 5 star excellent rating icon so I can get credit for my time with you