Medical

Have medical questions? Ask a doctor online!

Ask a Doctor,

My son has constant pain in the penis. He has been

Customer Question
thoroughly checked by his doctor...
My son has constant pain in the penis. He has been thoroughly checked by his doctor and urologist. No STD or infection. What could cause this? Can lower back problems cause it?
Submitted: 9 months ago.Category: Medical
9/23/2017
Doctor: Dr. Arun Phophalia, Doctor replied 9 months ago

Welcome to Just Answer.
Answers here are for education and information.
I will respond shortly with an answer, or further information request.

Levator ani syndrome can cause pain in penis.

Also pinched nerves in lower back may cause pain in penis.

Please feel free for your follow up questions.

I would be happy to assist you further, if you need any more information.

Thanks for using Just Answer.

He is 37 and in constant pain. What type of doctor should he see next? Urologist was not able to help.Is there any home remedy to try to alleviate the pain, even briefly?
How does he begin to resolve this problem?

I am not sure, if he was investigated for prostatitis, which can cause penis pain.

This is a non STD prostate infection due to pyogenic organisms which causes referred pain to penis. To confirm the diagnosis, following are helpful;

1) A digital rectal exam by doctor would elicit tenderness on prostate.

2) A urine culture

3) Semen culture

4) Culture of prostate fluid after prostate massage expressed from penis.

The culture tests not only confirms the infection and causative organisms but also tells about the most efficacious antibiotic to treat it.

The helpful herbs for pain are;

1) Willow bark
2)
Devil's Claw
3)
Feverfew
4)
St. John's wort
5) Valerian
6)
Boswellia
7)
Curcumin
8) Ginger extract

Commonly used medications for pain are;

1) amitriptyline (Elavil, Endep),

2) nortriptyline (Aventyl, Pamelor)

3) desipramine (Norpramin)

4) pregabalin (Lyrica)

5) phenytoin (Dilantin)

6) carbamazepine (Tegretol)

7) venlafaxine (Effexor)

8) duloxetine (Cymbalta).

It is privilege assisting you.

Was this information helpful to you? I would be glad to answer any further questions.

It is privilege assisting you. Please let me know if you have further queries or unanswered questions.Please consider a positive 5 star rating if this interaction has been satisfactory, as this is the only way we experts are credited and compensated for the time and work. You are not charged again for giving a rating. The rating button is on the left upper side of this thread.Thank you.Wishing you all the very best in life.http://ww2.justanswer.com/help/how-do-i-rate-answer-hl