Medical

Have medical questions? Ask a doctor online!

Ask a Doctor,

Sudden skin rash covers most of my body. Have been on anti…

Customer Question
Sudden skin rash covers...

Sudden skin rash covers most of my body. Have been on anti biotic cephalexin for 8 days. could this cause a rash. if so what to do about it.

Doctor's Assistant: How long have you been dealing with the skin issue? Have you noticed any major changes in your overall skin or nails recently?

This rash came on over night.

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?

Had recent surgery to remove a blood clot it left groin.

Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: Medical
9/23/2017
Doctor: Dr Josh, Doctor replied 10 months ago
Dr Josh
Dr Josh, Doctor

Myself Dr Josh. and I’m happy to help with your question today.Please provide me the following information so that I can address your concern-

Do you have itching along with rash?

Waiting for your reply…

Thank you.

Kind Regards

Dr.Josh

Dear customer

Thank you for being online.

The symptoms you have described of having sudden skin rash all over the body is most likely due to skin disease known as urticaria.

A hypersensitivity reaction (similar to an allergy) occurs in the skin, causing inflammation. The inflammation causes the skin to become reddish & itchy.

Yes,your drug antibiotic cephalexin can be the most probable cause of this.

Following is recommended for you now:

-Take tablet benadryl once a day.

-Apply cream containing 1% hydrocortisone or apply calamine lotion.

This will reduce the rashes & itching.All these medications are available at your counter without any prescription.

Thank you.

Hope this helped

If you have any further question then you can ask me.

Please leave positive rating above the chat box so I can get credit for helping you today ,we only get after positive feedback.

Bonus is highly appreciated.

We are here to help you until you satisfy.

Kind Regards

Dr.Josh