Medical

Have medical questions? Ask a doctor online!

Ask a Doctor,

I would like to connect with a pediatrician who can help us…

Customer Question
I would like to...

I would like to connect with a pediatrician who can help us with our 1 1/2 year old son

Doctor's Assistant: Do you keep personal medical records to help track this?

We have some yes

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?

Not that I can think of

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Medical
9/23/2017
Doctor: Dr. Mo, Board Certified MD replied 11 months ago
Dr. Mo
Dr. Mo, Board Certified MD

Hi, Dr. Mo here with JA. Please let me review the information and I'll reply shortly.

Can you please post your questions for us and we're happy to help.

I'm looking for advice from a pediatrician who can help give us advice to help our son walk. He's 18 months old already and continues to crawl. He can walk when he's holding our hand but is very reluctant to let go and do it on his own. He has taken a few steps by himself on various occasions but this has been with a lot of effort and encouragement from us his parents. We are a bit worried as he is late in walking on his own. I don't think there are any developmental issues as he is physically strong with no apparent problems and he is speaking around 7 - 10 words and very aware. He is a bit slow as he didn't crawl until he was 12 months. There is also one other issue we see with his left foot. It tends to turn out when he walks and sometimes causes him to trip over it a bit.
We are expats living in Saudi Arabia and frankly I just don't have that much faith in the doctors here and would like to get some professional advice to help our son. I don't believe a developmental pediatrician is the answer, yet I'm not sure who to see. Is there a specialist that deals with these kinds of cases? And should my son get corrective shoes especially for his left foot?
Thanks,

Thank you, ***** ***** opt out for a pediatrician to answer this question for you.

Ok looking forward to hearing from a pediatrician soon. Do you know how long this will take?
Doctor: Dr. David, Board Certified Physician replied 11 months ago
Dr. David, Board Certified Physician

This is Dr. David

can you upload a photo or video of your son trying to walk or taking a few steps with your assistance?

do you see the "add file" link?

or you can upload the video to a video hosting website like youtube and post the http link here.