Medical

Have medical questions? Ask a doctor online!

Ask a Doctor,

I’m 60 years old, have blood flow issues which I take

Customer Question
I’m 60 years old...

I’m 60 years old, have blood flow issues which I take medication for, but the last 3 weeks or so I’m am so tired, no energy, just dragging to get thru the day. Can’t do the things I need to because of this and fatigue, absolutely just dead to the world. What’s something I might try to boost energy and stamina?

Doctor's Assistant: What medications do you take daily? Are you allergic to any medications?

Take several. A blood thinner, cholesterol pills, a pill to help prevent diabetes, gabapentin,

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?

I have had bypass surgery on my leg due to blood flow in the foot

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Medical
Answered in 1 hour by:
9/23/2017
Doctor: Dr. Muneeb Ali, Doctor replied 7 months ago
Dr. Muneeb Ali

Welcome to JA and thanks for this question. im sorry to hear about your symptoms. I just came online to see that you have been waiting for sometime so ill quickly answer this question for you. The first thing which comes to mind is gthat you could have developed an iunderlying disorder which can be related to the thyroid gland. Abnormal thyroid function in which there is decreased production of the the thyroid hormones. This can lead to problems like the fatigue, low energy, weight gain among other conditions. this would be diagnosed on the basis of a simple clinical examination and also with the help of a thyroid function test. The treatment is with supplemental hormones.

Another cause of this could be associated with vitamin deficiencies such as vitamin b12, folate deficiencies and also vitamin D. this would be diagnosed witj the help of simple blood tests and then can be treated with the help of OTC supplements.

Yet another cause could be associated with autoimmune disease which would be diagnosed with the help of simple ESR, ANA, ENA profile.

Now i would suggest that you get started on the following supplements which can help,

CoQ10 enzymes

Omega 3 fatty acids

Vitamin B12 supplements

Folate supplements

Vitamin D supplements

Do you have any more questions?

Please leave a POSITIVE rating by clicking on the stars above, until you do i am not compensated for my time. You can continue to ask follow-up questions even after the POSITIVE rating. You can also ask questions from me directly by going on the link below,

http://www.justanswer.com/medical/expert-dr-muneeb-ali/

Dr. Muneeb Ali
Dr. Muneeb Ali
Dr. Muneeb Ali, Doctor