Medical

Have medical questions? Ask a doctor online!

Ask a Doctor,

Occassional burning moves through legs to head then feel…

Customer Question
Occassional burning moves through...

Occassional burning moves through legs to head then feel dizzy/light headed. This happens sitting or standing.

Doctor's Assistant: How long have you been dealing with the burning? Are you experiencing any other discomfort?

Just a few times over during the past year

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?

I'm female age 67 and no other complaints. I take a Wellbutrin sub and actor istatin and several supplements

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Medical
9/23/2017
Doctor: Dr. Arun Phophalia, Doctor replied 8 months ago

Welcome to Just Answer.
Answers here are for education and information.
I will respond shortly with an answer, or further information request.

When was your last physical?

Were any investigations done for these symptoms?

Do you think these symptoms happened when you suddenly changed your posture (like sudden getting up)?

Do you smoke, drink alcohol regularly?

Do you exercise regularly?

Next physical in Dec and didn't mention it as it had only happened once and forgot about it, but tonight the same sensations
Can't afford more money, so guess I'm done

Thanks for the additional information. I am writing the answer for you and will get back to you in 4-5 minutes. If you get a phone call request, you may ignore it as that is an automated site trigger. Thank you.

Apologies for any intrusion of those automatic offers for phone calls. These are produced by the website automatically and outside of my control.

Ok,
are we done?

A B 12 deficiency is one of the commonest cause for these symptoms. So a blood work for it would be advised to assess the cause. You would need supplements for it as well as calcium and vitamin D.

This is unlikely to be due to anything life threatening but still your blood pressure, pulse and routine investigations should be done for assessing the overall well being.

I do have low to normal blood pressure but just had that checked a few weeks ago

A change in the blood pressure reading due to posture may be done. So doctor may see your blood pressure in lying, sitting and standing position. If change is more than 10, that may cause these symptoms.

You may need some medications.

Important is to keep yourself properly hydrated meanwhile.

Thanks, it's just the strangest sensation and couldn't find any marching symptoms online.

You are very welcome.

These symptoms are annoying, I can understand.

But these are not likely to be due to anything serious.

Was this information helpful to you? I would be glad to answer any further questions.

It is privilege assisting you.

Please let me know if you have further queries or unanswered questions.

Please consider a positive 5 star rating if this interaction has been satisfactory, as this is the only way we experts are credited and compensated for the time and work. You are not charged again for giving a rating.

The rating button is on the left upper side of this thread.

Thank you.

Wishing you all the very best in life.

http://ww2.justanswer.com/help/how-do-i-rate-answer-hl

Thank you!

You are most welcome.

A positive rating would be appreciated for my time with you.

Just Answer is based on honor system. Experts are paid for time and expertise only when a positive rating is received.

Best wishes,

It was my pleasure to help you.
If I have answered all your questions, Please rate my response Excellent (click on the 5th star).
Please bookmark my profile for fast, reliable authentic answers!
This is the link to my profile:

http://www.justanswer.com/medical/expert-drarunphophalia/

Dr. Arun Phophalia, Doctor