Medical

Have medical questions? Ask a doctor online!

Ask a Doctor,

Red,sore,wet ball sack. 2 or 3 days. Being treated for skin…

Customer Question
Red,sore,wet ball sack Doctor's...

Red,sore,wet ball sack

Doctor's Assistant: How long have you had the symptoms? What seems to make the symptoms worse or better?

2 or 3 days

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?

Being treated for skin cancer on arms,chest face

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Medical
9/23/2017
Doctor: Vakul Aren, Doctor replied 8 months ago
Vakul Aren
Vakul Aren, Doctor

Hello,I am Dr. Aren and I will help with your query.Apparently you have developed a fungal infection of thew scrotum.You will probably need oral antifungal agents like Terbinafine/Ketoconazole/Itraconazole along with local application of antifungals like Clotrimazole/Lotrimin.THis will need to be taken for longer than normal period as you have lowered immunity due to your anticancer therapy.Your doctor /PCP would also like to rule out any superadded bacterial infection which may require antibiotics.Again the course will be longer than normal due to weakened immunity.You will need to use cotton undergarments and keep the area dry .Thorough drying after a bath and use of Abzorb powder to keep the area dry will help.Controlling any elevated blood sugar will be essential for the healing.

Vakul Aren
Vakul Aren
Vakul Aren, Doctor