Medical

Have medical questions? Ask a doctor online!

Ask a Doctor,

Is a reading of 2.7 RBC considered a little anemic or more…

Customer Question
Is a reading of 2.7...
Is a reading of 2.7 RBC considered a little anemic or more than a little? If it is more than a little, can that cause shortness or breath or chest pain (chronic) and all over body pain?
Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Medical
Answered in 1 hour by:
9/23/2017
Doctor: DocNid, Board Certified Physician replied 8 months ago
DocNid
DocNid, Board Certified Physician

Thanks for posting your query

I am Dr.N and I am pleased to assist you.

Yes RBC of 2.7 million is significantly low.

It can cause symptoms like tiredness, shortness of breath, body ache etc.

You need to undergo a complete evaluation which includes complete blood count, peripheral blood smear etc to plan the treatment.

Regards.

Do you have any more questions?

I have four of the criteria that meet Chronic Fatigue Syndrome. I previously had been diagnosed with Lupus years ago.
My rheumatologist that I went to is reluctant to acknowledge the possibility of CFS. Do you think I should pursue a second opinion?
On the oxygen, I previously had been diagnosed as having low oxygen readings. As of now, they say they are normal and, at least with my last blood test, that my anemia was slight with an hgb of 11.3. Are there other things that can cause chronic shortness of breath and pains in the chest? I've had EKG's and chest xrays that didn't show anything related to the heart.
Thank you.

Thanks for getting back to me with more questions.

Yes, since you have four of the criteria, the diagnosis of chronic fatigue syndrome should definitely be considered. You can get a second opinion.

Your haemoglobin of 11.3 is not very low.

Chest discomfort and shortness of breath can be due to asthma. Even gastroesophageal reflux may cause chest discomfort and as sense of shortness of breath.

You can discuss with your doctor about these possibilities.

Doctor: DocNid, Board Certified Physician replied 7 months ago

If you do not have any more questions, kindly rate this answer by clicking on the star below.

Thanks.

DocNid
DocNid
DocNid, Board Certified Physician