Medical

Have medical questions? Ask a doctor online!

Ask a Doctor,

I have had a drugs test in work by cutting some of my hair.

Customer Question
Hello, I have had...

Hello, I have had a drugs test in work by cutting some of my hair. Will citalopram or sertraline show up as anything in the test?

Doctor's Assistant: Is this a time sensitive issue? What type of specimen are they testing?

They are testing for any illegal drugs and they are testing the hair sample for the last 3 months. I have never taken illegal drugs but just worried that citalopram may show up as something?

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?

No nothing.

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Medical
9/22/2017
Doctor: DrRussMD, Board Certified Physician replied 11 months ago
DrRussMD, Board Certified Physician

Hi.
Welcome to just answer. I am here to answer questions for education and information. I will respond shortly with an answer, or a question for you

No that will not happen.

There are no false positives.

Any questionable result is sent for confirmatory testing, called GC/MS.

Only the exact drugs are shown.

Prescription drugs, in addition, are never reported as positive.

Let me know if you have more questions.

Also, please click a positive rating on the rating scale. [This must be done manually]. In fact, a 5 rating squares me with just answer and allows me to provide prompt and accurate service to you, but does not increase your cost. And, I will be here for any follow up needed.

Thank you...I haven't taken any citalopram for at least 2 months now. Was on a very low dose 3 times a week (weaving off from post natal depression) and I am aware that hair samples can go back 3 months but don't want my employer to know that I have been on them. So is it safe to say that they won't show as I have been off them a while and they won't show up as anything else?

Nothing is going to show as anything else.

NO. Never.

Please be sure to click a 5 rating. If you don't do this manually, I am not fully credited and paid for my time.

Find me anytime.

good luck.