Medical

Have medical questions? Ask a doctor online!

Ask a Doctor,

Had gastric bypass in 2002, got septic, lung collapsed. For…

Customer Question
Had gastric bypass in 2002...
Had gastric bypass in 2002, got septic, lung collapsed. For the past two years having chest tightness, breathing problems, gone to allergist and cardiologists and they can't figure out what is wrong with me. Went to a pulmonologist but I think she had no idea what I was talking about, did some tests but no scans or x rays. I feel the tightness on my chest around my diaphragm, this goes on year round. Just got off zpack and today was given a cortisone shot and prednisone for 6 days, I am a diabetic and my primary doctor is great and she worries about me, she wants me to see another pulmonologist! Please help me! I am a 62 year old female.Thank you so much
Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: Medical
Answered in 1 minute by:
9/22/2017
Doctor: Dr. Phil, MD, Medical Doctor replied 10 months ago
Dr. Phil, MD
Dr. Phil, MD, Medical Doctor

Hi, this is Dr Phil, here to assist you. I am Board Certified with over 10 years of experience. I will respond with my answer shortly. Thank you.

any other medical issues?

Diabetes and high blood pressure but both are stable

could it be anxiety?

On xanax already for 6 months because they thought it was anxiety

xanax is a terrible medicine for anxiety

it is highly addictive and doesn't really work after a while

I recommend zoloft 100 mg daily to truly test anxiety

They are switching me to Zoloft next

Ok good. make sure the dose is high enough

this sounds like anxiety to me

is this helpful?

No. Because I still have the breathing problems and the tightening on my chest and the cough and congestion that never go away but it is ok. You are one of about 10 doctors I have seen that have rushed to the same conclusion, anxiety, this is what is wrong with medicine today, all doctors want to make us walk around like zombies. Thank you and good bye. I know something is wrong and I will find the right doctor that will find what is clinically wrong with me and it is not ANXIETY!!!

good luck