Medical

Have medical questions? Ask a doctor online!

Ask a Doctor,

I am having left sided swelling and ear pain. I have sinus…

Customer Question
I am having left...

I am having left sided facial swelling and ear pain. I have sinus polyps which seem to be worse on the left side and was recently treated with antibiotics and prednisone about 3 weeks ago. I am having ear pain with the facial swelling. Wondering if it would be a combination of the sinus polyps.

Doctor's Assistant: Are you experiencing any dizziness? Do you have a fever?

No dizziness and no fever

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?

Not that would have anything to do with this condition.

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Medical
9/22/2017
Doctor: Dr. Phil, MD, Medical Doctor replied 11 months ago
Dr. Phil, MD
Dr. Phil, MD, Medical Doctor

Hi, this is Dr Phil, here to assist you. I am Board Certified with over 10 years of experience. I will respond with my answer shortly. Thank you.

do you have a picture?

I do not. Sorry

It sounds like a parotid gland infection

is it right in front of the ear?

The swelling is in my check and jaw line.

Yes, I think this is parotitis

what antibiotics are you on?

I was on amoxicillin and I ended that about 2 weeks ago. I was on that due to being sick with a cold. I do have at home cefdinir. Could I take that?

that won't help

you need augmentin or clindamycin

let me know if you have other questions.

if done for now, please leave a 5 star rating above the chat box so I can get credit for helping you today

we only get credit for helping clients after positive feedback

you can always reach me with "a question for Dr. Phil" in the medicine, cardiology or pharmacy categories if you have any other questions

here is my website if you need to reach me again:

http://www.justanswer.com/medical/expert-irondoc/