Medical

Have medical questions? Ask a doctor online!

Ask a Doctor,

I took a fast pitch softball to the ankle, inbetween the…

Customer Question
I took a fast...

I took a fast pitch softball to the ankle, inbetween the front and the inner side. It's was black and blue in the front and now the infer side and under the inner ankle, its black and blue now. The entire bruise seems to be moving up to almost the middle of my shin. It doesn't hurt when I walk on it or move it, just when I touch it. It's a bump and hard.

Doctor's Assistant: How long have you had the pain? What seems to make the pain better or worse?

It's no pain, just bruising is getting bigger and moving to the side and up my shin. Happened on Tuesday

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Medical
Answered in 1 minute by:
9/22/2017
Doctor: Dr Chip (M.D.), Doctor replied 8 months ago

Hello I'm Dr Chip

Could you please post a photo for me on this page?

one moment

Thanks

The photos don't show how bad the bruising is...my concern is the bruise is moving down and up, where I wasn't even hit. I worry about a bout a blood clot...
Its swollen quite a bit.

Got them--thanks

No swelling of your lower leg?

Any tenderness to your calf muscles?

swollen around the ankle, all the way around. and tender to touch. my shin is tender half way up the leg

OK

I'm also concerned about a deep venous thrombosis--clot--in a leg vein here

It's possible that this is all from a hairline fracture of either your fibula or tibia even if there isn't that much pain, but you need to have this evaluated just as soon as possible with an exam, Doppler venous flow studies of the leg, and x-rays

Please let me know if you need any more information

Dr Chip (M.D.), Doctor