Medical

Have medical questions? Ask a doctor online!

Ask a Doctor,

I have a history of ibs, fibromyalgia and poly myalgia

Customer Question
I have a history...

I have a history of ibs, fibromyalgia and poly myalgia rhuemetica. I also have facet disease/syndrome in my lower back.

Doctor's Assistant: What are all the symptoms you're experiencing (e.g. loss of appetite, fever, rash)?

For the past 3 weeks, I have pain on my left side. In the frontat the sharp point of the pelvic bone. It goes around my side to my back and down the front of my leg to mid thigh. No fever, no diarrhea, no constipation. It hurts to walk, lie down or sit. It is a dull ache and never stops.

Doctor's Assistant: What seems to make the symptoms worse or better? Have you noticed any swelling?

No swelling. Nothing makes it stop. It hurts worse when walking or standing. No problems with urination

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?

Not offhand

Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: Medical
9/22/2017
Doctor: DrRussMD, Board Certified Physician replied 10 months ago
DrRussMD, Board Certified Physician

Hi.
Welcome to just answer. I am here to answer questions for education and information. I will respond shortly with an answer, or a question for you

I understand the situation.

What is your medical question for me?

The pain is unrelenting and in a spot where it Never had been before. What can I do?

You have to know why you have pain.

This sounds like an expanding disc problem.

When was your last MRI of your lower spine.

[there is no home remedy for this].

2 years ago. It showed "fat in spinal cord" and deterioration in 2 spots in lower back.

OK

Clearly, the lower back has deteriorated further.

This is what you need to do.

Immediately have your doctor send you to an MD specialist in physical medicine. These doctors are called PM&R doctors or physiatrists.

You now need:

a. repeat MRI of the lower discs.

b. comprehensive manual medicine program, including traction sessions.

c. prescription pain medications such as gabapentin, lyrica, etc.....

d. Maybe facet joint injections.

OK, let me know if you have more questions.

Also, please click a positive rating on the rating scale. [This must be done manually]. In fact, a 5 rating squares me with just answer and allows me to provide prompt and accurate service to you, but does not increase your cost. And, I will be here for any follow up needed.