Medical

Have medical questions? Ask a doctor online!

Ask a Doctor,

Starting a new question lol. So if my urination and stomach…

Customer Question
Starting a new question lol...
Starting a new question lol. So if my urination and stomach pain/diarrhea keep switching back and forth. What could that be?
Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Medical
9/22/2017
Doctor: Dr. Mo, Board Certified MD replied 8 months ago
Dr. Mo
Dr. Mo, Board Certified MD

Describe to me what you mean by back and forth?

Diarrhea generally is quite common and could be due to:

• anxiety
  • something you ate
  • undigested food
  • too much fiber
  • mild infection

Stomach pains could be due to

• excess acid
  • gas pains
  • indigestion
  • muscle spasms

You mentioned you had a normal urine test and that the urine flow was frequent but that you didn't have any other signs. To me that sounds fairly benign. How long has it been going on for?

Urine for about a week. The stomach ache for about a day or so but when I do one it switches. So once I relive my urine then my stomach starts hurting. I think it's stress but I don't know anymore.
This is what is causing anxeity because I think it's cancer or something

I acknowledge your worry about cancer but I can't put your mind at ease about that. I already tried :)

So, if you have other symptoms associated with the stomach pains such as blood in the stool, drastic weight loss, stomach pains that worsening day by day, jaundice, or vomiting then I don't think there is much else I can add to the stomach pains.

If you are unable to get the urine due to an obstruction or are urinating blood then it would be a reason to be concerned otherwise I cannot suspect anything serious.

Ok so more then likely it can be caused stress and anxeity?
Also the stomach pain wouldn't go away right? It switches. That's why I'm confused
To me that sounds like stress nothing serious but I wanted to ask you
I mean the switching back and forth just started today. Before I was just going to the restroom more frequently

I would say likely anxiety.

Right, it would come on and just keep on hurting and get worse and then the other symptoms which I mentioned would come on top of it as well.

Yeah exactly so that's why I'm confused

I don't think you'll develop cancer in one day, that would be extremely rare. Cancer usually doesn't just start with one symptom. Cancer is often silent for years and then a bunch of symptoms start all at once after the tumor(s) has grown large enough to affect the system.

Sure, tell me why you're confused and I'm happy to try to explain things to you.

Because something serious just doesn't fluctuate like that but it has me nervous. You said this wouldn't be because of my calcium level so ruled that out completely
Just want it to go away and enjoy my life. So tired of this stuff. I was fine a week ago

I don't think I quite understood your confusion. To be clear, I said that if something was cancerous then it would come on and stay and get worse. Yours is coming and going which would be a good thing if you are hoping to not have cancer.

from wanting to pee to stomach pain is really nothing to be concerned about. I don't have any nausea, no blood in stool. Had diarrhea but that seem to go away and now it's just stomach pain
Would you agree?

Nope, nothing at all to be worried about.

Ok good.

Glad I could help.

Do you see a therapist to discuss your anxiety regarding health issues? It can help a lot. I can feel you struggling with it.

I haven't found a good one. I definitely need one

It would be worthwhile.

I'm on medicine for bi polar disorder but I see my pcp for my refills

The meds can help but therapy is another layer. A lot of my patients are able to come off of their bipolar meds with good therapy under close supervision.

Very true. I definitely need
to change my medication though. I haven't adjusted it in awhile and I feel liked in dealing with more stressful things then I used to
I feel I need Xanax or something to calm my nerves during the day

Xanax could work.

Right nowxi take Fluvoxamibe and Buspar. The Buspar used to help but not really anymore
Agree. Buspar is pretty weak.
Dr said it's probably anxeity with my symptoms and not to worry about calcium. Stomach still is in pain but I think I have overworked myself and I need to regroup.

Agree. Once the anxiety calms down the stomach should feel better.

Anxiety did calm down. Quick questions I think my sinuses are acting up but I'm having sensations in my face and I was wondering if that was related to anything we talked about with calcium levels
I think I'm just over thinking it and really need to get back down to earth
I was doing great and then it started happening and I kind of had a panic attack but my dad its the change of weather and your sinuses are reacting to it

Agree, it's likely mostly anxiety.

Dr. Mo
Dr. Mo
Dr. Mo, Board Certified MD