Medical

Have medical questions? Ask a doctor online!

Ask a Doctor,

I took Pregabalin Zentiva 75mg for 7 days before bed for…

Customer Question
Hello, I took Pregabalin...

Hello, I took Pregabalin Zentiva 75mg for 7 days before bed for Sciatica I did not like the effect it had on me and as my pain is easing I stopped "cold turkey" two days ago Still feel very foggy and headachy Will the side effects wear off soon how long I will not talk to my doctor as I am angry that he put me on these excessively strong pills whe I could have simply gone back to my physiotherapist

Doctor's Assistant: Is the headache episodic or daily? And what about nausea?

The nausea is virtually non-existant but the headache has been on and off for the last 2 days (since I stopped) I am ok otherwise except for the extreme fogginess

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?

I am asthmatic but have not had an attack since Jan 2017 so on Seretide once a day but have stopped it because I was afraid of the interaction it might have

Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: Medical
9/22/2017
Doctor: Dr. Muneeb Ali, Doctor replied 10 months ago
Dr. Muneeb Ali

Welcome to JA and thanks for this question. Im sorry to hear about your symptoms. Now from what you are describing it is certainly possible that these side effects are due to the pregabelin itself as some patients can develop these sort of effects after starting the use of the drug. However the good news here is that these effects usually do fade away, however that can take some time. It depends on your metabolism but usually they disappear completely within the span of 4-7 days in most patients. As i said there is some variability in the time because of each patients individual metabolic rates.

The fogginess should start to dissipate by the 3rd to 4th day in most patients and disappear completely 7 days after stopping the drug. It is less likely that you are experiencing withdrawal from the drug as you only used it for a week, usually withdrawal effects occurs once you have taken it for 2-3 weeks.

Regarding the sciatica, it can be managed with the help of physiotherapy and other measures like TENS therapy and even other medications like amitriptyline IF the physiotherapy and TENS dont work.

Do you have any more questions?

Please leave a POSITIVE rating by clicking on the stars above, until you do i am not compensated for my time. You can continue to ask follow-up questions even after the POSITIVE rating. You can also ask questions from me directly by going on the link below,

http://www.justanswer.com/medical/expert-dr-muneeb-ali/