Medical

Have medical questions? Ask a doctor online!

Ask a Doctor,

My son is 9 yoa. He has been c/o toe pain, wrist pain, upper…

Customer Question
Hi. My son...

Hi. My son is 9 yoa. He has been c/o toe pain, wrist pain, upper back pain, thumb pain intermittently for several weeks. Lately, he has had a fever but only during the night. Last night he woke up at 0300 c/o a headache. I gave him Advil and he woke up feeling fine this morning. He has had several red bumps (prob mosquito bites) to hits torso but over that last day or so, I have noticed that he has several more to his upper back and arms. Not many, but enough to be noticed when he was getting ready for his bath. Do you think this is anything to be concerned about or just assume its viral and give it more time?

Doctor's Assistant: Have you had any recent injuries? What seems to make the pain better or worse?

He complains more after baseball practice. His wrist was very tender last night. But, no, he has not actually had an injury. Maybe overuse.

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in the child's medical history you think the doctor should know?

His personal history is negative. His father has hemachromatosis and diabetes. Paternal grandmother with Diabetes and Rheumatoid Arthritis.

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Medical
9/22/2017
Doctor: Dr. Mo, Board Certified MD replied 11 months ago
Dr. Mo
Dr. Mo, Board Certified MD

Hi, Dr. Mo here with JA. Please let me review the information and I'll reply shortly.

Could you upload some images of these bumps here?

Based on what you are describing it doesn't sound like anything serious but I am curious to know if there is any swelling of the joints or if he has any appetite changes.

How high is his fever?

Doctor: Dr. Mo, Board Certified MD replied 10 months ago

Did you still need help with this?