Medical

Have medical questions? Ask a doctor online!

Ask a Doctor,

I RECENTLY SAW A rHEUMATOLOGIST re my Lupus symptoms. I was…

Customer Question
I RECENTLY SAW A...

I RECENTLY SAW A rHEUMATOLOGIST re my Lupus symptoms. I was recenlty diagnosed with Lupus and was having weakness, rash etc. Sher response was to tell me to take 3 20 mg each morning with breakfast for 3 weeks then cut down to 50 mg for approx 6 weeks, see the Dr. again and she would prescribe as she saw fit. Went to Pharmacist to get prescription filled and he was sure there was an error and called the Dr. to make sure that she wanted me to take the 60 mg per morning. She told him there was no error. He stated that if he were me he would take 1 pill with breakfast, one with lunch and forget the third. What do I need, a second or third opinion. I feel for me heighth 5'2" and weight 114 that 60 mg per day is way too much. Any opinion? vicki Benton

Doctor's Assistant: What medications do you take daily? Are you allergic to any medications?

I take bisoprolol 6.5 mg at nite and I take packquail (sp?) in the morning.

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?

Long ago I had asthma but outgrew it but I have been diagnosed with COPD which is under control for the time being. That is about it. Again, my question is 60 mg in the am too much for me?

Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: Medical
Answered in 1 minute by:
9/22/2017
Doctor: Dr. Arun Phophalia, Doctor replied 10 months ago

Welcome to Just Answer.
Answers here are for education and information.
I will respond shortly with an answer, or further information request.

Is this prednisone 20 mg, three tablets (60 mg)?