Medical

Have medical questions? Ask a doctor online!

Ask a Doctor,

I'm visiting in New York city and I'm have horrible

Customer Question
Hello, I'm visiting in New...
Hello, I'm visiting in New York city and I'm have horrible bilateral foot pain and swelling from two surgeries ORIF on pt. left foot And a seasmoectomy on pt. Right. I've been doing a lot of walking and lifting a toddler. I was also recently diagnosed at the ER in Pennsylvania with thoracic outlet syndrome and am schedualed to see in a month and is causing a extreme neck and shoulder pain. My pediatrist just give me duexis 800mg QID PRN wich has just been managble until this trip to New York, I went to a local urgent care who told me stop taking Motrin immediately because my blood pressure was vary high and gave me the choice to go the hospital or send me home with 2 days worth of pain killer, she apologized she said her medical director doesn't allow her to right cll and all she gave me was 8 tramadol and been icing it at elevating, the pains so bad I can't eat, I'm thinking about going to the hospital but being a paramedic going in with a chronic pain issue I don't want to be looked at as a drug seeker. I feel hypertensive and tacky, My meds are Zoloft, xanax PRN, gababpentin,
I'm 6'5 131kg.I also have a lack of sensation in my left arm.Should I go to the hospital tonight or drive home tomrow and try a see my GP and try to get the earliest with my foot doctor wich can take time
Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Medical
9/22/2017
Doctor: Dr.Sawhney, Doctor replied 8 months ago
Dr.Sawhney
Dr.Sawhney, Doctor

Welcome to justanswer.I amCustomerand your complete satisfaction is my goal.

Hello
I am an Orthopaedic surgeon and I would be happy to help you today.
I am reviewing your question and would post a response shortly.
Awsome
I feel you should get into the hospital and have yourself treated.
Your pain would be contributing to the high blood pressure you have as pain increases the blood pressure. Therefore pain control is essential.
I don't know from your question if your left arm numbness is chronic issue or an acute problem.
If latter is the case you need to have yourself seen in the ER.
Feel free to ask any follow questions.
Do take a moment to honour my work and time by rating my answer hopefully 5 stars.
I don't want them to treat me like a drug seeker, I'm a vary respected member in he critical care ems field and my medical know, knowledge doesn't help my case. I also have midfoot arthritis and have been told by an orthopedic surgeon I need my mid foot fusion and the other pediotrist just want to do cortisone shots Motrin and orthotics, do you see success full, meaniful recovery or should I stick with conservative approach.
Sorry for my bad typing at the moment
Left arm has been the last month

The decision for any arthritis should be based on pain assessment from the patient.I have a simple guideline for my patients, if they feel they are unable to freely perform activities of daily living they should opt for surgical treatment which often provides a more durable relief.

I feel that the ER people will understand the predicament you are in and would treat you fairly.

Even if the arm has been numb for 1 month, you should go for getting the pain treated.

I'm taking an Uber to Mount Sinai Hospital, and I might try to talk them into a transesophageal echo to look for hey Aortic aneurysm
I've see aortic issues cause numbness in the arm a few Tim an I'm vary tall,
They should be able to assess as there can be different causes for numbness in the arm.
Best of luck.
Dr.Sawhney
Dr.Sawhney
Dr.Sawhney, Doctor