How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Dr. Ravoof Your Own Question
Dr. Ravoof
Dr. Ravoof, Doctor
Category: Medical
Satisfied Customers: 5087
Experience:  Experienced Physician in the field of Medicine and Surgery.
Type Your Medical Question Here...
Dr. Ravoof is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

My husband had a stroke and recovered his speech, it was

This answer was rated:

Hello, my husband had a stroke and recovered his speech, it was seen to be a small clot. It is about 6 weeks and he noticed dizziness for an instant and I am wondering if it is a TIA. what is the best step to take, go to emergency, or get a prescription for a CT from the neurologist soon. or any other options? to make sure it is not a TIA. thanks,

Dear customer,

Thank you for the question.

The next best step for a momentary dizziness which has resolved is to get an imaging study of the brain done such as an MRI scan. At present, since the dizziness is not continuing and there are no additional symptoms there is no need to go to the emergency.

Dizziness can be due to many causes such as an abnormal blood pressure, low hemoglobin, or ear problems and does not always mean TIA. But in view of his recent stroke, I would recommend having an MRI done later when possible.

Take care.

Please let me know if you have further queries or unanswered questions.
Please rate the answer with 5-stars, by clicking the 5-stars above with your mouse (or with your finger for a mobile device).
It will be very generous of you to also consider a bonus.
Thank you!

Dr. Ravoof and other Medical Specialists are ready to help you